As the head of RAR’s Construction Group, Apolone Gentles handles and oversees a variety of disputes, and draws on her in-depth knowledge of construction law and her extensive business background to develop smart legal solutions aligned with her clients’ needs. Apolone’s methodical approach and ability to distill complex information ensures that clients feel at ease throughout the engagement.
Since joining the firm in 2015, Apolone has successfully represented clients in multimillion-dollar disputes ranging from delay claims stemming from large infrastructure projects to breach of contract claims associated with municipal and multi-residential projects. She has represented contractors, subtrades, and suppliers in motions, lien proceedings, and other matters associated with the Construction Act. She also advises developers and contractors with respect to drafting and reviewing contracts and resolving project disputes for infrastructure, commercial, and multi-residential projects.
Apolone has successfully argued before various levels of court in Ontario. A skilled negotiator, she uses mediation and other forms of alternative dispute resolution to secure effective outcomes for her clients.
- J.D., University of Toronto
- B.Sc., (With Honours), The University of the West Indies, Mona
- Ontario Bar, 2015
- Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario (CPA Ontario)
- Fellow, Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA, UK)
- York Region Law Association
- Member, Canadian Bar Association and Ontario Bar Association